I was Born to live Free...


I was born to live free, like the air around, like water flowing, like the sun shining down on everyone without any constraints. I was happy being who I was, even when I was saddened the sun wouldn’t stop shining for me and with the sorrow it simply rained.

But then one day I met you, and you told me of all the things that I weren’t you reminded me how hot the sun is and therefore how unwelcome my sunshine is, you told me of how dangerous flowing water is and how cursed I can be, you showed me the anger of winds and said I should never be like that.

Like the fool I was I believed you, I believed you and changed myself from free to captive, I became your captive, I let you decide when it should rain and when it should be a bright sunny day, you decided for me where I should flow…  you caught me, held me captive, held me within your embrace…

The new confines were just as fun as being free, it was a new feeling the feeling of being longed for, that kept me happy within those boundaries and then with time the walls closed in, and then they came down on me leaving me no room to breath, I was held captive within my own self.

Did you really think you could hold me in your palms and keep me happy too? How long can you old water in your hands? It will never stay there forever and you will lose it. Just like you’ve lost me now!

 I no longer wish to be the salve of your desires, the water cannot be contained, and the winds cannot be held. I flow according to my wishes in whatever direction I choose.

I choose not to be held, and you can no longer hold me captive, I shall move on and you will be left with nothing. You shall remain the dark empty soul that you are, without me you have no sunshine.

When I looked into your eyes I wanted to see the best of me there, instead you showed me the worst. I no longer wish to see your eyes… you can look away now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs