‪#‎FlashBack2015‬

A title inspired by the hash tag that trended over the Christmas holidays on Twitter making me relive the whole year in a few moments and finally figuring out a lot of things that were happening but I never realized until I thought about them.
This year was a brilliant year like all the preceding years or maybe I decided I would make it a brilliant year, though coz when I look at the events that took place they’re heart breaking. Having said that, I think I wanted to be the Master of my own happiness, I wanted to be in-charge of my awesomeness so I ignored all the strings that others had, and focus on my own. It changed me, I am a different person at the end of this year than I was last year but I feel more complete with myself than ever before. 2015 was the year I met a new me!
#FlashBack2015 shades of people, true colors, hollows and reality!
This year I’ve seen the highest peaks and the lowest plains emotionally as well as geographically. Also I’ve seen shades of people who promised to be there always and then turned around never to come back and I’ve seen colors of people change from bright to dark, I’ve seen darkness and brightness, I’ve seen reality!
#FlashBack2015 discovering happiness with myself
I decided to be my best friend this year; I spent more time with me and enjoyed my own company for a change
#FlashBack2015 finally getting over ‪#‎HarryPotter‬ after a good 8 years
I got to read a lot more books then I had done combined in the last 8 years, finally got over my readers block (if there is such a thing) and chucked the Harry Potter curse and picked up other books to read and completed reading them too (unlike previously where I was only able to start)
#FlashBack2015 read non-fiction
I steered away from my forte and read an autobiography for the first time ever. Though it took me a good 6 or 8 months to finish I feel absolutely delighted for getting to know a person, a life, and his experiences through words. Abdul Sattar Eidhi is an asset truly. (Let’s pray he get’s well soon – Ameen! I have nightmares about how the Foundation will run if he’s not there)
#FlashBack2015 got back into writing!
One of my greater achievements of this year, I cribbed about not finding the time for writing for 10 years almost, I just waiting for inspiration to hit me to write (obviously it wasn’t coming - apparently inspiration comes when you’re looking for it – I learnt that late). And here I am writing pages and pages of stuff again. So yaieee “Help me God!”
#FlashBack2015 discovering my three passions! Food and books and writing!2016 now requires me to combine the 3 together wink emoticon
I discovered the 3 things that make me most happy, I did more of them, i.e. eat, read and write, and tried different flavors at all the three. I now think I shall combine the three for the next year, maybe make it a goal!
#FlashBack2015 I finally decided what will make me happy and chose it!
Oh yes, this year if I didn’t want to meet someone I didn’t, I broke the norms and said no simply coz I didn’t want to, I gave no explanations. I chose to be happy for myself, and no one shared this happiness with me. This one, this choice was for me and my own.
#FlashBack2015 did this literally mere rishton ka falsafa sirf itna hai muhabbat mein koi qasar na choro nafrat mein koi gunjaish!
This is a pinned tweet on my twitter account, kind of defines my philosophy of relationships, until the start of this year I had only lived the first part of the philosophy ‘muhabbat mein koi qasar na choro’ when I loved it was complete there was never any space for anything else, it was complete love, complete trust, complete giving. But then I lived the second part too ‘nafrat mein koi gunjaish’ and then I hated like there was nothing else in this world except hate, there was no feeling besides this, there was no space, there was nothing to give. It was complete, whole hatred!
#FlashBack2015 love is far greater than hate! Love makes you while hate breaks you. I chose to love myself!
Love definitely is greater than hate, there’s no denying it, and love is very constructive, it makes you a person that you never were, while hate does the opposite, it breaks you as a person, it corrodes you from the inside. You eventually decide which one you choose to have in your life, you can either love or hate, hate however gets you nowhere. I chose love and started with loving myself. I love me!
#FlashBack2015 happiness is very easy to find you just need to know where to look for it!
Finding happiness is one of the most easiest things to do, and this is one thing that is very close to you, you just need to know where to look for it, this year I found happiness in connecting with old school friends, I found happiness in writing, I found happiness in warm coffees, I found happiness in chocolate bars, I found happiness in drinking a glass of water, I found happiness in staying up late watching TV, I found happiness in reading a book, I found happiness in dressing up nice, I found happiness in wearing heels, I found happiness in cooking, I found happiness in baking, I found happiness in the changing colors of the sky of early morning, I found happiness in the cold breeze of winters, I found happiness in a hug, I found happiness in love, I found happiness in friendship, I found happiness in someone understanding me, I found happiness in no questions asked, I found happiness within me!
#FlashBack2015 my secret-love for caramel popcorns!
My statement of 2015 I’ve watched every movie at a movie theater this year simply for the Caramel Popcorns.
That’s it! I have no more explanation to give to this one!
#FlashBack2015 blogging for my own page! Shhh, she's talking
This one is the best!
#FlashBack2015 developing a list of places I want to eat at
Oh yes! Part of the plan 2016: eat and write it’s a long list I’m not sharing but I will share once I’ve eaten there so wait for more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs