Street Food: Garma Garm Kachoris

 "All happiness depends on is a leisurely breakfast"

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but we all function pretty well without it. i can't really afford a leisurely breakfast every morning on weekdays like most of the others, there's too much to do and too little time early mornings, and in all the rush the poor breakfast goes down in the priority. Most of the time, I skip it all together! Yeah I know bad habit sorry!

Anyway skipping to the interesting part, this weekend  I went over to my uncle's place, besides other things breakfast was on the agenda; ad he took me to a place that turned out to be serving really yummy breakfast. We had kachori that morning. Now what is kachori you may ask? A kachori is a little poori or flat bread deep fried, the difference between a poori and kachori is that the latter is filled with daal. These kachori that I had for breakfast were served with Aaloo ki sabzi (potato curry) and dahi (yoghurt). The dahi even though was spiced it balanced the taste and the temperature of the garma garam kachori.  

I've not been a fan of kachori, but these were really tasty, firstly, i had them out in the open, under an old tree, sitting on a bench that is normally occupied by the men of the neighborhood who sit with friends having this fresh and hot breakfast, secondly the straight from the pan serving was amazing. we were served quickly and there were no delays between the kachori serving. I didn't' have to wait after finish one for the next one to be fried and then served. Most importantly, it was the taste, not too spicy, not too bland, a perfect balance makes me want to go for more. 

Maybe I will... yum! Fried breakfast yes full of calories but to hell with them when you think of the experience of a roadside desi breakfast with a favorite uncle who has a great sense of humor and is ready to be just as crazy as you are!

So where is this place you want to know? It's right outside the Nazimabad No. 1 Pakistan Post Office, yes right outside you'll notice this uncle frying away garma garam kachori and when you see him, I'd suggest you go and try them out too, they're delicious, light and very inexpensive! 

So while I go look for something to eat, you watch this video of kachoris in the making. Leave a comment to tell me if you've tried them before. 

Bon Appetit 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs