The clothes in the balcony

One evening, I noticed that my neighbor’s windows were closed, which was unusual. They typically left them open, even when they were out. Their father and stepmother lived across the street, so I wasn't overly concerned.

The next morning, I noticed their laundry hanging out to dry. It remained there for several days. Coincidentally, around the same time, I learned that the family had moved to the U.S.

It was strange to see the laundry still hanging in the balcony, seemingly forgotten. It was as if the owners had left in such a hurry that they hadn't even considered packing or removing their clothes. The laundry, hanging there day after day, seemed to symbolize a forgotten life, a piece of the past left behind.

I couldn't help but wonder how long the clothes would remain there. Would the owners ever return? Or would someone else take them down and put them away?

For days, I observed the laundry, feeling a mix of sadness and helplessness. The fact that the owners had seemingly forgotten about their belongings made me feel particularly disheartened. Every time I saw the clothes hanging there, I was reminded of their absence.

One morning, I noticed that the laundry line was filled with fresh clothes. Perhaps the old laundry had finally been taken care of, folded, and put away. Maybe it was no longer waiting for its owners to return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs