Bol Bhi Bol


Bol!!l ??? now!!!! You went to watch that movie now? Now when the DVD’s released as well! How slow can you be?

Really does it matter when I watch the movie? I am a fan of Shoaib Mansoor and a patriot at heart of course I’ll go watch this movie on the cinema even if its released on DVD. I’d spend money to go watch it on the big screen even though I am aware that the same movie’s been downloaded on our laptop and all I have to do is watch it some weekend. But hell no! Why would I do that? I’m going to go support my economy, show my appreciation for a good movie and go spend on it!

I can’t say if the movie was as much fun as the experience I had watching it. Getting up on a Sunday morning at usual office hours to head to Atrium for a 10:30 show; I know some will call me crazy and others already do but oh boy the fun of it I am not going to be able to erase that away any time soon. So rushing thru the ‘get ready in 10 minutes’ process and then driving on empty roads to reach the mall which on normal days is bloody crowded, we finally reach  there in the nick of time assuming that we also will stop to buy some snacks to enjoy the movie to the fullest extend.

But what is it that we see when we get there? The place is really empty spare a few people working at the place and a couple of people who like us are wandering the streets of the city on a Sunday morning. Anyways we get our food deals and boldly head towards the cinema when the security stops us and says ‘M’am you’ll have to wait as they’re doing some work inside’ for the sound it of it, it feels like they’re doing some security check that involves a huge sniff dog checking each isle for an explosive! So finally after a wait of a few minutes we’re allowed to walk in and apparently we’re the first ones there or no wait let me change it to we’re the only ones there and look at the time its already 10:30! For a moment I think what is it with people cant they wake up early one Sunday and come watch a movie with us.

The screen’s black, the AC’s not on, and the whole place smells like its been sanitized with an deodorizer that goes up your nose and gives you a weird headache along with a tickle at the end of your nose making you sneeze. So I sit there in dim light eating my popcorns thinking ‘what if no body shows up?’ ‘What if we’re the only ones here?’ and just as I’m discussing the sanity of the decision of waking up on a Sunday morning and coming for the movie we see a huge family of 15-20 people walk in making  a lot of noise. The best comment I hear from them before the movie began was ‘bilkul aisa lag raha hai jaisay hum apnay ghar ke drawing room mein baithay hain and movie dekh rahay hain’.

Well I’m not going to say much about the movie as we’ve already seen all, read all and experienced enough of it. I was kind of disappointed to see so less of Mahira and Atif, but then it wasn’t their story. I loved the end most! The songs I liked but then listening to them so often and far to long didn’t get me excited when I heard them ‘one more time’.

All in all the experience to be there and do it was more fun than the movie as far as I am concerned. Of course the excellent movie it self was a bonus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs