Rickshaw Walas

I've been thinking of what to whine about for the past two days... actually there is so much to whine about that i couldn't really decide what is more important. But because i almost bump into a weirdo 'rickshawala' every day i thought why not dedicate my post to them...
In the past 3 years one thing I've gathered from my constant interaction with these Rickshawala's is that the more 'bechara' they seem the more 'khabees' they are. I mean you signal down the 'budha baba' thinking he's the right person to travel with because he's old and fragile looking thus he won't bargain much. Also since he's older than your grandfather he's going to be a nice paternal travel mate not to forget he constantly refers to you as 'beta' before you sit in his rickshaw.But right after he drops you the 'budha baba' suddenly becomes the bad man and fights you for his money (btw you've already decided on an amount before sitting in his vehicle) but now he wants more 'lalchi budha sala!' You quarrel with him a bit but eventually you give him more money to quit creating a scene.
That i've learnt is the wrong thing we do. Why bother if its creating a scene if you believe you are right stick to it. I've been doing that lately when 'the rickshaw wala's' start arguing i argue for a tiny bit if that doesn't dissuade them then the simple thing to do is walk out! only 1% of them may have the guts to follow you but guess what? you've got to use the 'girl power'.
Recently i also came across a budha baba who decided to drop me 1 km from office saying this is where we had bargained for. I did the wrong thing i paid him. I shouldn't have but i learnt from that mistake.
Before this another budha baba screamed at me like crazy for forgetting a turn and then he stopped and wouldn't budge! what I did was very wrong but at that time that was what i really felt like doing... I should have slapped him but all i did was throw the money in his face! You know why? He was cursing at me!
Nevertheless the lesson i've learnt from all these years of traveling is never ever give one penny more than what you have bargained for!
Oh by the way there are some really nice people too that I've bumped into who never ask me for too much and are more than helpful. Some that i regularly travel with and one that i will never forget .... his daughter was ill in the hospital and he asked us to pray for her... I hope she's got her health now. I prayed for her then and I pray for her now because her father was genuinely nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs