Yawn....Sleepy....Time.....

I’m not the only one who’s gone thru this phase of feeling sleepy at the office. Late night parties on week days, unwanted – super glued guests at home the previous night, Classic Movie on HBO, and sometimes simply lying awake at night can leave you sleepy the next morning. No matter how many cups of tea or coffee you drain down the eyes want to close (Reminds me of that Tom & Jerry Cartoon). What can one do then?

I once googled ‘how to stay awake in the office’ but got no satisfactory result L. Like I said the tea coffee doesn’t really help, it helps for a moment but as soon as I’m back in front of the monitor the eyes start drooping. Especially if I’m doing some really tedious, one of my more recent innovation in dealing with sleepiness is walking and talking, yeah I know! I go take a walk and then talk with people have lengthy conversations preferably intellectual conversations (though they are really hard to come by). That does to an extend shakes up the brain cells a bit.

Another discovery I made – well not exactly discovery this was an idea shared – My ex-colleague played solitaire to refresh her head when she was loaded with work, right at the peak of work she would push aside all her work and switch on the game. I stole that idea from her to get rid of sleep, I get into a game that helps me waking up.
And lastly and the BEST solution to sleepiness that I know for sure is, when too sleepy just close your eyes and sleep! That’s what I do, when nothing works and I’m just too sleepy I’ll steal a few moments close my eyes and sleep. No on yet has a problem with it but if they do let them! No one has said anything to me yet!

Comments

  1. I usually feel sleepy after lunch, so the key is to have a very light lunch.
    But I like the last idea best Asma. just sleep if you are sleepy hahha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah all my bosses have lived with me napping, no one's ever complained so i guess i can get away with it ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs