Once and always…

Read a Judith McNaught after a long long time… she’s been one of my favorite authors for the last 10 years ever since Kinz got me introduced to the fascinating world of Novels, prior to which I was stuck with the likes of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys.

My first ever Judith McNaught was ‘Something Wonderful’ and to admit it, that book was something wonderful. It was funny, clever and full of emotion. Sometimes the emotions were so strong they came out thru the pages, went thru your fingers and touched your heart. I felt the same thing after reading ‘Whitney, My love’. I’ve read several of her books after that but reading the best sets a bar that the rest of have to reach, unfortunately I haven’t come across a book that can yet beat SM and WML .

My most recent read was ‘Once and Always’. This book gave me two sleepless nights (couldn’t put the book down – have a reading problem), two days full of nostalgia of reading and crying over my first reads of Judith McNaught, spent two days of missing Aisha, Kinza and Mavia – my book reading buddies. I’m still thinking about them that’s why I include them. Some days those were guys?

Coming back to the book… though it is fun, it hasn’t really touched a cord. Nothing like the JM books I compare it with. Set in the 18th century when American’s were considered the colonials our American Heroine moves back to Britain to find out she’s a countess (lucky her!) while our Hero the Marquee was so boring I practically slept thru his achievements. Compared to Jordan Townsende and Clayton Westmoreland, Jason Fielding was an utter disappointment. His dimples were missing, his green eyes had lesser depth, his dark hair missed a few curls, he was less wealthy, and his title sucked compared to the other two Dukes. He didn’t ride horses, swim, and fence, win battles, or womanize. (I’m sorry Jason if this offends you but seriously Jordan and Clayton both had the aura of authority around them – while you were practically non existent) sadly JM didn’t do much character development on you seems like she just meant to write so she did. The story was long where it should have been short and short where it had to be long. Not very humorous either the heroin herself was so dull; no wonder she attracted Jason… she didn’t have any particular qualities that could set her apart from the rest of the females mentioned in the book except for the fact that she could giggle her way thru the dumbest situation.

I wouldn’t call the book a complete waste of time or money but it’s not the best in the collection. JM has the capabilities to write much better this seemed like a drag on but then it’s better than reading a lot of other things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs