Happy Birthday Mom!

Parents are like walls around you, protecting you from the cold, wind and the rain. No matter how old and weak they get they still protect. With them around you will never feel afraid, you won’t ever feel cold and you always know that a few steps from you there are arms waiting to embrace you no matter what. 

I've lost a wall, I feel cold now, no matter where I hide I feel gusty winds blowing in my face; yet none strong enough to dry my tears. I don’t feel safe or protected any longer. Mom I always took you for granted, I always knew you’ll be there. I never imagined a day I’d open my eyes and you wouldn't be around me somewhere. No matter how far I was from you I knew I could hear you a call away. Now I can’t hear you anymore, I can’t see you anymore. I feel incomplete without you. 

However you aren't gone, you’ll never be gone… you still are and will always be. You are in my memories forever fresh; the words I write are from letters you taught me…

Remember the time when I was in my kindergarten making my first ever performance on stage. After my performance I waited for you backstage to come and pick me up and you took forever. That wait was the longest wait ever; knowing you are just a few steps away from me. I looked at the door hoping anyone walking thru was you but you came right at the end. I saw you with a big smile and your arms open… I've never been more relieved to see you. But now I’ll have to wait till eternity to meet with you again. 

Remember when you came to my sports day once and I was so sure you wouldn't come but there you were! I was the happiest that day. I don’t know if I’ll be that happy in my lifetime again but you won’t be coming back this time. 

You know what day it is today? I wanted to celebrate it in style, I was planning to take you out to dinner and probably bake you a cake at home; well that experiment could go wrong so I had other options available. I’m still not sure what I wanted to gift to you… and I never got around to thinking what I will give to you. But today things have changed… I didn't get up and wish you and I didn't get to hug you, you didn't say thank you like you always do. Today you are not here and I feel incomplete.

In the midst of people I sit and see faces thinking you are not there and I have a zillion things run across my mind that I know I wanted you to know, I wanted to tell you, I wanted to ask you but you aren't around anymore for me to share with you. I don’t have you with me. I won’t see u around waiting for me to return home, you won’t call me all panicked when I get late. You won’t give me a shopping list anytime I think of going out. You won’t fight over the TV remote with me now. You won’t start Sunday mornings with a list of chores, you won’t complain about my cupboard being all messy, you won’t ask me for anything…but you’ll always be here, right here in my heart…wish you a very happy birthday mom tell me what you’ll like for your birthday today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs