Truths Season 1

Last year I started a series of truths on Facebook, my platform to put forward thoughts and feelings across to people that I may not do otherwise. Since last year we didn’t have the “tag buddies in the status” facility maybe a lot of you haven’t read them so I tag you guys again so you know what you guys are for me. I do have a few grievances with certain people though I don’t want to name them but incase they read this and feel it’s for them maybe it is!

It is on 'popular request' that I give you a compiled version of truths.

TRUTH 1: You are not the best of secret keepers so I’ve never shared many with you, sorry mom but there is a lot you do not know of my 'affairs'

TRUTH 2: Mavia Megumi Khan/Mavia/Mav/Mama…. Grade 3 you were my friend coz you were a pretty Japanese girl, Grade 4 you were my friend coz you got us all Salman Khan’s autograph BUT in the following years you became my ‘Sunshine Friend ‘ a friend who... bought a smile to my face (you still do – every time I think about you). Thanks for being who you are – link to the best part of my life.

TRUTH 3: I love to hate you. You are cranky and unbearable at times BUT you’ve been the best person who’s put knowledge, paitence and a lot of confidence up in my head.

TRUTH 4: If people were signified by colors in life Basma would be my rainbow.

TRUTH 5: Sadaf Baji/Sado B/Sado/Sadaf/Chakoo is my blessing of having an older sibling watching over you, the first person I ever wrote a letter to, the first person whose hand meant security apart from my parents. Someone I could share toys, clothes, ideas and thoughts with… someone I share my blood with…..

TRUTH 6: It is pretty ironic how all my childhood I wanted to be your best friend because I thought you were popular and you spent all your childhood being jealous of me because you though I was more popular. And we never got around being friends much.

TRUTH 7: Rabah Shah/Rabia Shah/Rabia Abdul Sattar/Rabia you are my true partner in crime I shared with you moments that sanity would not allow otherwise and I regret none of them. I hopped, yelled and sang with u on a deserted beach on a full moon night, spent a lazy day in bed gossiping away to glory, had ice cream with u in a night bazaar and did loads of other things that space will not allow now. I lived my life every moment with you around.

TRUTH 8: You my friend turned out to be someone that I could never understand… tiny things can upset you, your ego is always hurt and you’re a bomb that explodes for no reason at all. I have no idea how I became your friend.

TRUTH 9: Ahsan I never knew what it feels like to have a younger brother who has the ability to become your best friend. Who can listen to you scream at him, who takes every word uttered by you as advice. Who gets you ice-cream when he thinks he’s offended you, who sits by you on the beach and discusses his life with you and who works up excuses to get away from parents. You filled that space of my life.

TRUTH 10: Do you know for 4 years I thought you were a close friend of mine, I treated you with respect, I fought with people who bullied you, I stood up for you, I genuinely cared for you but you turned out to be a back stabber. I don’t like you anymore

TRUTH 11: Your voice is magic, but I’m sure you’ve heard this a zillion times. Listening to you I am transported to a different world. You are a superstar and you know it… and I’ve been infatuated by you since forever…unfortunately you’ve never heard me.

TRUTH 12: Aristotle said ‘Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies’ if that is the case I share my soul with Amna. We’ve not met for years, we talk after months yet the connection is never broken. She’s always there for me just as I’ll always be here for her. In Harry Potter context she would be my Horcrux. You are so many things for me that words can’t explain so I won’t bother.. I’ll just say Happy Birthday :D

TRUTH 13: Hunain Ali/ Dead Man/Zaleel Aadmi Had the choice been left to me I may not have chosen to make friends with you. But I suppose we were destined to be friends and somehow you grew on to me J. You are now ‘mera acha wala dost’ but I’ll still be mean to u :D

TRUTH 14: Munazza Anwar/Munni/ Cooky Monzter you came to my school for 6 weeks and in that little time you became one of my closest friends. So close that 13 years ago you made me cry when you were leaving but the distance hasn’t made any difference. I still look at the letters you wrote to me and I reminisce the fun days with you, the gossip, the never ending phone calls, the teasing and all that ariya hai jariya hai we did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs