Rain

What? You don’t like the rain? Why? And my answer has been ‘coz it’s cold and wet’. I’ve seen too many rains this season and the answer to anything that suggests enjoying rain has always been the same ‘I don’t like rain; its cold and wet’.

Incidentally I was walking in the rain yesterday and I asked myself this question why I don’t like the rain. The first answer that came to my head was cold and wet but right then the wet wasn’t bothering me nor were my freezing toes and yet the rain didn't touch my heart. And I wondered why I’ve begun to dislike the rain so much when I enjoyed everything enthusiastically from a light drizzle to a hail storm. What has changed in the past few years that has made me dislike one of the most beautiful natural thing in this world.

And then I looked back at the last few years and figured out it wasn’t the cold and wet of the rain that bothered me, it was the cold and wet of the memories of these last few years that made me dislike rain. The last four seasons were the worst rain seasons because I spent much of my time fighting. Fighting with people I love. Throwing harsh realties of life at each other, they trying to make me understand moving life can pause for a moment or two and me trying to tell them it’s a race I need to move faster.

I did win the race but I lost the people I loved. I raced up to the front while the others were left behind. And when I reached were I did it was all alone. Rain is boring when alone! When u don’t have someone to walk along with you hand in hand, when you don’t have someone offering you a hot cup of tea, when you don’t have someone’s arms around you to make you warm in the cold. A lonely rain is just a lot crying and no one can tell.

This last rain I took a step back turned around and walked in the rain, with that one person I truly love. I didn’t enjoy it completely but it’s the first step to a cleansing of the memories of the past…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would Asma Siddiqui like for her birthday this year (2018)?

Sister at Distance

Cafe Mist & Gelato Affairs